ENERGY TIPS from your local Energy Assessor Inverness & Highland
Energy Advice that you can implement today to help you use less Energy, save Money and help protect the Environment:
• Understand how the Energy Systems such as the Heating System are intended to work in your home so that they can be operated in an efficient manner to enable you to reduce Energy use and Carbon Dioxide Emissions (CO2).
• Avoid heating a Conservatory or Sunroom in order to use in cold weather and close the doors between the Conservatory and dwelling.
• Check the Heating System Thermostat, an ideal setting is 21°C in the living room and ensure the Timer is set to only heat the home when necessary.
• Ensure the Hot Water is not too hot, by setting the Cylinder Thermostat to 60°C this should eliminate any harmful germs and avoid any scalding.
• Turn off lights when not in use and turn appliances off instead of leaving on standby. This also applies to chargers used for mobile phones. Use Low Energy Lighting and Energy Efficient Appliances.
• Close the curtains at dusk to reduce heat escaping through the windows.
• When filling up the Washing machine, Tumble Dryer or Dishwasher, use the half-load or economy programme or wait until you have a full load. Reduce the use of Tumble Dryers and try to dry clothes outdoors where possible.
• Check if the Windows and Doors require Draught Proofing to enure that the home is air-tight and also check sealing cracks or gaps around junctions and service penetrations, and replace Draught Proofing if in poor condition.
Evening and Weekend appointments available.
Telephone: 01667 493 819 Mobile: 07909 114 117